In this Agreement, "we", "our" and "us" mean, as
applicable, any The Loan Arranger Member; "you"
and "your" mean an individual who has made
application to us for any personal or commercial
credit service offered by us ("Service"),
including any co-applicants, guarantors or
Collecting, Using and Disclosing Your Information
- When you apply for, or provide a guarantee in respect of, or use any Service and while you are our customer, you agree that:
We may collect personal information from you and about you such as:
- Your name, address, occupation and date of birth, which is required by law;
- Identification, such as a valid Canadian driver's license or passport or birth certificate issued in Canada. We may also ask for documents such as a recent utility bill to verify your name and address;
- Your annual income, assets and liabilities and credit history;
- Information about your transactions, including payment history and account activity;
We may collect from, and use and disclose this personal information to, any person or organization for the following purposes:
- To confirm your identity;
- To understand your needs;
- To determine the suitability of our Services for you;
- To determine your eligibility for our Services;
- To set up, manage and offer Services that meet your needs;
- To provide you with ongoing Service;
- To meet our legal and regulatory requirements;
- To investigate and adjudicate insurance claims; and
- To detect and prevent fraud or other criminal activity.
We will use health information strictly for the provision of an insurance Service. We do not provide directly all the services related to your relationship with us. We may use third party service providers to assist us with various services such as printing, mail distribution and marketing and you acknowledge that we may release information about you to them. When personal information is provided to our service providers, we will require them to protect the information in a manner that is consistent with The Loan Arranger privacy policies and practices.
- We may collect, use and disclose your Social Insurance Number (SIN) for income tax reporting purposes, as required by law. In addition, we may ask you for your SIN to verify and report credit information to credit bureaus and credit reporting agencies as well as to confirm your identity. This allows us to keep your personal information separate from that of other customers, particularly those with similar names, and helps maintain the integrity and accuracy of your personal information. You may refuse to consent to its use or disclosure for purposes other than as required by law.
- We may verify relevant information you give us with your employer or your references and you authorize any person whom we contact in this regard to provide such information to us. If you apply for a Service and during the time you have the Service, we may consult various financial service industry databases or private Investigative Bodies maintained in relation to the type of Service you have applied for or have. You also authorize us to release information about you to these databases and Investigative Bodies. Investigative Bodies are designated under the regulations of the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) and include such organizations as the Bank Crime Prevention and Investigation Office of the Canadian Bankers Association and the Investigative Services Division of the Insurance Bureau of Canada.
- We may monitor or record any telephone call we have with you. The content of the call may also be retained. We may inform you prior to proceeding with the call of this possibility. This is to establish a record of the information you provide, to ensure that your instructions are followed properly and to ensure customer service levels are maintained.
- If you have a Service with us, we may use, disclose to and collect from credit bureaus or financial service industry databases, credit and other information about you in order to offer you pre-approved credit products. We may also do this after the Service has ended. You may withdraw your consent at any time by giving us reasonable notice (see below).
- If we sell the company or a portion of the business of The Loan Arranger, we may release the information we hold about you to the prospective purchaser.
- We may keep and use information about you in our records for as long as it is needed for the purposes described in this Agreement, even if you cease to be a customer.
All information that you give us will, at any time, be true and complete. If any personal information changes or becomes inaccurate or out of date, you are required to advise us so we can update our records.
company transfers data to third-party companies
Access to the information we obtain about you resulting from credit application submission is restricted to only those service providers who need to know that information for the purpose of purchasing an automobile or obtaining credit. Other than as set forth above, we do not share personally identifiable information with other companies, apart from those acting as our agents in providing our product(s)/service(s), and which agree to use it only for that purpose and to keep the information secure and confidential.
We may also share personal information in connection with law enforcement, fraud prevention, and other legal action if The Loan Arranger reasonably believes it is necessary to do so to protect its customers or the public.
Refusing or Withdrawing Consent
Subject to legal, regulatory and contractual requirements, you can refuse to consent to our collection, use or disclosure of information about you, or you may withdraw your consent to our further collection, use or disclosure of information at any time in the future by giving us reasonable notice. Depending on the circumstances, however, withdrawal of your consent may impact on our ability to provide you or continue to provide you with some Services or information that may be of value to you. We will act on your instructions as quickly as possible but there may be certain uses of your information that we may not be able to stop immediately. You cannot refuse our collection, use and disclosure of information required by third party service providers essential for the provision of the Services or required by our regulators, including self-regulatory organizations. You can tell us at any time to stop using information about you to promote our Services or the products and services of third parties we select If you wish to refuse consent or to withdraw consent as outlined in this Agreement, you may do so at any time by contacting our head office at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling us at one of the following telephone numbers
Toll Free : 1-855-364-5626
Addition, If You Apply For, Accept, or
Guarantee, a Vehicle loan, Line of Credit or
Other Personal Credit facility With Us
When you apply for, accept, or guarantee a loan or credit facility or otherwise become indebted to us, and from time to time during the course of the loan or credit facility, we may use, give to, obtain, verify, share and exchange credit and other information (except health information) about you with others including credit bureaus, mortgage brokers, mortgage insurers, creditor insurers, registries, other companies affiliated with The Loan Arranger and other persons with whom you may have financial dealings, as well as any other person as may be permitted or required by law. We may do this throughout the relationship we have with you. You also authorize any person whom we contact in this regard to provide such information to us. During the term of the loan or credit facility, you may not withdraw your consent to our ongoing collection, use or disclosure of your personal information in connection with the loan or other credit arrangement you have with us or have guaranteed. We can continue to disclose your personal information to credit bureaus even after the loan or credit facility has been retired, and you may not withdraw your consent to our doing so. We do this to help maintain the accuracy, completeness and integrity of the credit reporting system.
You acknowledge that we may amend this agreement from time to time to take into consideration changes in legislation or other issues that may arise. We will post the revised agreement on our web site listed below and make it available at our branches and head office. We may also send it to you by mail. For further information about The Loan Arranger's privacy policies, you can call us toll-free at 1-855-364-5626.
The Loan Arranger
4251 Kingston Road
Scarborough, Ontario M1E 2M5